This year, Swiss Cancer Research (SCR) is celebrating 30-years of research funding. In parallel, Rising Tide Foundation for Clinical Cancer Research (RTFCCR) is having a 10-year celebration. To mark these milestones, we are launching a joint call for proposals to fund a jubilee award. This award seeks to provide funding to support the creation of a patient-directed protocol for a clinical trial on a topic that aligns with the focus areas of RTFCCR and the mission of both organizations.
The purpose of the award is to increase the awareness and show the benefits of having patients involved at an early stage in clinical trial design, with the goal of making a significant difference to cancer patients. Priority will be given to trials proposed by an active patient group having a clinical research question, they would like to take forward to clinical trial.
Funding scheme at a glance
- One clinical trial will be awarded with 800 000 Swiss francs over four years
- Clinical trials need to be interventional. Open to all cancer types.
- Early stage first in human clinical trials to late-stage clinical trials (Phase 1, 2 and 3) are considered, where creation of a patient-initiated protocol is possible.
- Clinical trials should serve patients interests with primary endpoints that seek to provide clinical benefit. Trials should not have biological or translational primary endpoints, but applicants may include secondary non-clinical endpoints.
- Two step application and evaluation process. Letters of intent (LOI) have to be submitted through proposalCENTRAL by December 31, 2021, 23:59 CET.
Questions and related documents
We encourage applicants to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and to check eligibility of their proposal in case of doubt.